Free BTB Book Club Etiquette Download
Would you like to use these guidelines in your own book club? Download our ‘BTB Book Club Etiquette’ guide here!
BTB Guiding Principles for a Life-Giving Book Club
These guiding principles for fellowship with one another help to create and protect healthy, life-giving and Christ-centered friendships within your book club:
- What is shared in this group is confidential and will not be judged.
- This group is a safe space to come for support, prayer and assistance.
- We value one another’s trust.
- We do not name call, swear or use inappropriate language (we use our honey words!).
- We rejoice with our sisters and celebrate their victories as our own.
- We mourn with our sisters, praying for them in their grief, suffering or trials.
- We pray for one another regularly and fervently.
- We share authentically but avoid negativity.
- We love one another enough to gently and compassionately address sin.
- We do not gossip.
- We encourage one another in our sanctification.
- We prioritise the Bible above all other books.
- We assume the best of one another and forgive one another.
- We admit when we’ve made mistakes and work through them together.
- We acknowledge and value these guidelines and choose to follow them as healthy boundaries.
Our friendships will never perfect this side of eternity, but our Christian Book Clubs can be a safe space, a shining light in a dark world and an opportunity to glorify God.
Are you the next BTB Book Club Leader?
We’ve prepared everything you need to start your own BTB book club. The last ingredient is you!